WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO WORK WITH A BUYER AGENT?
Working with a buyer agent is an integral part of your property search. At Blue Panda Realty, we are involved in every step of the process, from the early stages of touring different properties to the final closing of the transaction.
- We provide you with detailed, expert insight on the intricacies of the real estate market, as well as the positioning of individual listings within each different market segment.
- Throughout the search process, we update you on new listings, qualify properties based on your search criteria, book showings, and provide tours.
- Finally, and perhaps most importantly, we have a fiduciary responsibility to protect your best interests throughout the buying process, including during negotiations.* More on this final point: If, as a buyer, you are not working with an agent, you will be forced to deal directly with individual agents who are representing their seller clients. Because seller agents are only working to represent the best interests of their client, engaging in this type of search process is not only chaotic, but also extremely risky. It can result in a situation where you, the unrepresented party, are relying on intentionally incomplete information and/or deceptive comments that will affect you and the saleability of your new property in the long run. Alternatively, one of a buyer agent’s key responsibilities is to ensure that you are not caught up in this situation.
WHAT OTHER SERVICES DOES YOUR BROKERAGE OFFER TO BUYER CLIENTS?
These are the services our buyer clients are most proud of:
- Around the Clock Service: Our agents are available to assist with your needs and requests on a 24/7 basis.
- Expert Advice: We are a brokerage comprised of downtown property specialists. We also operate as the top condo sales team in the city.
- Private Driver: You deserve luxury treatment. Enjoy a private driver service, escorting you to each of your property viewings.
- Digital Property Viewings: We know you live a busy life, and viewing multiple properties can be time consuming. That’s why we’ve made it easy for you to participate in showings through video chat – all you have to do is ask.
- Blue Panda Buyer’s App: Every property, every cost at your fingertips. This custom designed program allows you to keep tabs on the properties you have viewed through a comprehensive cost analysis and comparison tool. Coming soon.
WHAT ABOUT COMMISSION?
Buyers do not pay commission or fees to their agent. By contrast, commission is paid out to the buyer’s agent directly by the seller of the subject for-sale property. If, for example, a buyer chooses not work with their own agent, then the seller’s agent absorbs the commission previously allocated to the buyer’s agent, thereby paying themselves ‘double’ or twice over. As mentioned above, we strongly encourage buyers to work with an agent, particularly first time home buyers, because the seller’s agent is only working to protect the best interests of their own client, not the buyer.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I DECIDE NOT TO PURCHASE IN THE END?
We are statutorily required to present a Buyer Representation Agreement to our clients. If you decide to stop shopping for properties, you can cancel the representation agreement at any time.
CAN I WORK WITH MULTIPLE AGENTS AT A TIME?
We strongly discourage working with multiple buyer agents during a single period. This not only confuses the process, but also prevents us from fully committing the appropriate time and resources into your search. We love working with our buyer clients, and your confidence in our services is one of the greatest compliments you can provide!